Google

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

kiLLinG oUr hERoeS...

I have heard about this in our local news... but the information I get from reports says that the OFWs entered Iraq illegally... that's it!

But according to this US Senate Oversight Committee Hearing it's a different story...

I do not have anything against OFWs who goes abroad for financial reasons... what I hate is when OFW goes out of the country illegally... but the story we heard is a different thing... they were there in Iraq working to construct the US Embassy against their will!... or it is more correct to say that they were brought to Iraq against their will!... and they are working for the Americans whom we consider as friends!

As ordinary citizens we may not know what the real story is... but mind you fellow Filipinos... I think our Government will never mind also to find out the truth... we will be fed with information that is beneficial to the US-Philippine relations... truth denied for friendship's sake!

You may say that I am already making my conclusion... and I am sorry... we had so many experiences in the past that made me think this way... our Government is ready to give up our sovereignty for friendship's sake... remember the VFA that was put to test with the rape of a Filipina by an American servicemen?

Our Government now is faced with the problem of choosing between protecting the interest of its citizen and protecting the US-Philippine relation... I will ask you... what will our Government choose?

Ikaw na ordinaryong Filipino na katulad ko... ano ang pipiliin mo... baka mas concern pa ang dayuhan kaysa sa atin... nakakahiya naman tayo...

No comments: